Jan 27: Got a call from my postal carrier that he could not deliver a package. I know it it is Joan's quilt that has been ready for longarming for some time now but neither her weather nor mine would cooperate. I will be able to retrieve it tomorrow (Monday morning).
Jan 31: The quilt was delivered
Feb 04: This quilt has moved to the top of queue. Joan and I are having fun trying to decide just what to do!!
Feb 05-06: We explored the possibility of using custom block quilting.
Feb 07: Joan decided on a pantograph design that has an even stitching pattern to minimize puckering. The final decision was what size to stitch the pattern.
Feb 08: Longarmed.
One is a small wildlife panel. I'll complete this quilt with binding.
The other is a "Take 5" pattern made with batiks.
I just got in two beautiful quilts from Donna Roberson. One is a chain quilt that needs simple block quilting to complete it. The design will be Spider Flower blocks with medium brown thread on top and sage on the back. Donna explains: "The quilt with the circles was the very first one I completed in class with Joanne. I had to quilt it on my home machine. Oh my that was so hard, my machine throat was so small for all that quilt."
Jan 28: Programmed into IQ. I can actually quilt this sideways & thus do less rows!
Jan 30: Done!
Feb 01: Ironing out the creases in the fabric before loading a quilt has multiple advantages as I discovered today. I spotted a small 1/4 in square tear in the backing I would not have seen otherwise. Have Donna's okay to add a small seam across the width of the backing to remove the tear.
Feb 02: Finished!
The other one features fall fabrics. The design will be Acorns & Oak Leaves.
Jan 18: These quilts are in the when you can get to them category. That is always dangerous should i take it to heart. Actually, the weather as been such that if they were finished, I couldn't deliver them. I plan to get them done ASAP meaning this week. It is time!
Jan 21: First one done.
Jan 22: Second one done
Jan 24: Third one done
Marilyn Pusey says this one is for her mother. I am planning to use a Donna Kleinke block flower and convert it to a pantograph only I will not connect the flowers.
Dec 24: Picked up this beautiful quilt back on December 24. Other demands on Marilyn and uncooperative weather have put this one in the no hurry category. First received, first quilted policy puts this one second in my queue.
Jan 20: Loading
Jan 21: Quilted
Where did all the quilts go?
Back in early September, Kelley tried an experiment. He put my finished quilts in the shop for sale. Joanne did not think they would sale since her customers are piecers and make their own. She was right. Only Nancy Gorgen was able to sell one quilt. After it sold, Kelley told me it was his favorite.
Determined that they need homes, here is where all the quilts have gone!!
John Garland found a dragon pantograph that stirred his heart. I had sent him to look for an embroidery design but the longarm design got his attention first. I remembered a small quilt top I made as a shoppe sample way back in the beginning (2008) and used as a small table cover. Someone special (that would be Sandy) really liked this one so I bought the fabrics to finish it. She has now graciously conceded to John to perhaps use on his small kitchen table. I am thinking a large dragon in the center as a block. I will fill in the rest of the longarming with a smaller dragon panto. The fabrics are from the Joshiko II line.
03/25: Oops! When ironing in preparation for loading, I noticed the center square was no where near going to lie flat for quilting. Trick: Secure the fabric, spray with starch, steam, let dry. In the fourth picture below, I had already starched, steamed and dried. I then steamed again and used a hair dryer and finally an iron to get the the fifth picture.