Dec 31: This beautiful quilt has been a shop sample at Ye Olde Forest Quilt Ship for as long as I can remember. Many of the shop samples were pieced by Paula. I first met Paula the day the shop opened (or was it the day before?) My first memory is of her vacuuming the carpet. My 2nd is of her pleasant personality. Wow! That was over 7 years ago now. Hey, it is New Year's Eve & thus a time for nostalgia.
Jan 06: Paula selected Flowering Fern for her panto using her own Warm & White batting & Bottom Line Tan thread.
Jan 11: Prepped.
Jan 17: Loaded & quilting.
Jan 18: Quilted.
Jan 19: Final pictures.
Dec 29: Been wanting to try a Bargello. When I saw this on the wall at the local quilt shop (all I needed was one strip to have enough binding for my Wimpy quilt), my mathematical mind couldn't resist. Of course they had kits with the same fabrics so I paid way too much even at 20% off, may go insane trying to follow the detailed instructions (Yikes!) but I so want this on my cabin living room wall over the TV.
Dec 27: Went to Greensboro to treat my family to a dinner out together. Got there early to pick up some backing for my Wall Twister quilt. Many of the solids in that quilt were from the Moda's Lady Slipper Lodge line. When I spotted a basket of 10" square remnants beautifully laser cut, I picked through them collecting about a layer cake's worth of material. (Writing this on the 30th). Yesterday at the local quilt shop, a stunning disappearing 4 patch quilt was on the wall. It's twelve 18" blocks were made from 10" patches so I think I will use my Lady's Slipper Lodge fabric that way. Mine is sized down to only six 18" blocks with a slightly modified layout. Traditionally the lights come together to make joining blocks as do the darks. With my limited fabrics, I am maintaining a light/dark alternating scheme.
Dec 30: Settled on the 4-patches I wanted & got them sewed.
Dec 31: Swapped the columns to get the tan squares away from the border. Cut the 4-patches to yield the "disappearing" act. As I sewed the pieces together, I kept getting them out of order. I found out it was impossible to set it right without tediously following photos & EQ7 renditions. Finally got the rows together.
Jan 04: Finished the quilt top.
Jan 12: Bought backing.
Apr 24: Added How To instructions.
Jul 27: Will load & start quilting before Caci gets here on Monday, Aug 7, so she can see the longarm in action. Will use Folkart Flower #4 Pantograph by Jessica Schick/Digi-Tech with tan thread to match the front & backing. Programmed IQ & did the overlay.
Dec 11: Barbara came by with her quilt. We measured it, squared the backing a bit & then sampled several musical symbols pantos but settled on Bam Meander, Warm & White batting & Bottom Line Silver thread. All planned out we went out for burgers.
Dec 12: Pressed back & top. Cut batting. Ready to load. Barbara will come tomorrow & Monday. Since Barbara is using Bottom Line thread & the machine is all set for that thread, I am doing her quilt before Sara's.
Dec 13: Barbara decided it would be best to flatten the borders rather than quilt in puckers. I agree. Four borders (was able to keep the 2 innermost borders as 1 one unit)on the sides and bottom have been removed & re-attached. Long day.
Dec 14: Loaded. Quilting.
Dec 15: Quilted.
Dec 04: So beautiful! Saw it in a local quilt shop today & had to take it home.
Dec 05: Pre-washed & pieced the top and then the backing. Using some Jim Shore/Quilting Treasures fabric I have had for several years for the backing. The red from my stash is either Kona Cotton Flame Red or Kona Cotton Cardinal. The outer border is Navy Grunge by Moda.
Dec 06: Planning to use Warm & Plush batting & Bottom Line Medium Blue thread. The IQ pattern is called Tapestry. Quilted. Made the binding. Squared the quilt.
Dec 07: Attached the binding & started sewing it down.
Jan 09: Binding is finished.
Jan 11: Bought fabrics to make two more of these, one for Audrey & one for Dorothy.
Nov 23, 2017: Sold this quilt to Eddunio Gomez to give his secretary