Feb 29: Picked up Paula Ginn 's Thimbleberries basket quilt at Ye Olde Forest Quilt shop today. Just stunning!
Mar 06: Paula selected Ziries Ocean Spray panto with thread the darker shade in the background fabric.
Mar 21: Loaded.
Mar 22: Quilted. Every other row of the pattern is offset 50% for a bit of variety.
Mar 23: Final pictures. Shipping.
Feb 23: On the way home from delivering my first Silly Gilly quilt, I bought enough purple chevron fabric (5 yds) from the Silly Gilly line for backing a second quilt. Have remnants of everything including a whole panel.
May 15: Saw a quilt layout while playing online that I modified quite a bit to come up with this idea. Might not be too bad if I strip piece it. The small panels are 3.25" with 3/4" of colors framing them, sashing & tiny "pop" borders are 1/2", borders are 2" & 4". Who would have thought dots would pop a quilt like this.
May 17: On my way to see what is left at Sew Original quilt shop. Found some of what I wanted & some I like even better. Revised my plan with the new fabrics.
Aug 04: Got this project out. Fussy cut all the block centers & pressed the fabrics. Doubled checked my design work in May to be sure I have everything I need.
Aug 05: Strip sets for borders around the letters & monsters are done.
Aug 07: Cutting the strip sets & making the bordered blocks. Planned the block layout subject to revisions.
Aug 09: The blocks are done & ready to be arranged.
Aug 30: Adding sashing. Rows are together.
Aug 31: Sashing is done. Borders are on. Quilt top is finished. Pieced the backing. Ready to quilt.
Sep 13: Prepped & ready to load (if Joan is able to do one more binding).
Sep 14: Did several overlays trying to select a pattern. Loaded ready to quilt.
Sep 15: Quilted. Joan will do the binding.
Joan Taylor's sister, Lu Ann, coordinates a blanket drive each fall for Georgetown University's Transplant Unit for Children.
One of the kids will receive this quilt
Feb 22: I bought a couple of Moda Bella Solids charm packs awhile back. Searched for "charm quilt" on the internet & started playing with several layouts.
Feb 23: Went by the local quilt shop and found the perfect white tonal background fabric & a beautiful pink flannel for the backing. Decided to use the flannel for the front borders too. Polished off my design deciding to use 1.5" white sashing between the charms making my blocks 4.5" x 6".
May 04: Prewashed white sashing and pink flannel.
May 05: Using a technique I learned doing Pineapple Rhapsody where I lay a white strip face up & a charm square face down. After sewing that, I will butt the next square up against the first and sew that. And so on. Once the whole strip has been sewn, I will cut the blocks apart & assemble them into rows & columns. Should go fast & be fun. Rows are done.
May 7: Quilt center is done. Just needs borders.
May 8: Cut borders and started to cut the backing. Realized I didn't have enough. Removed one column from the quilt center & now have exactly what i need. Added borders. Quilt top is finished. Backing is pieced.
Sep 10: When I learned that Joan Taylor's sister, Lu Ann, coordinates a blanket drive each fall for Georgetown University's Transplant Unit for Children, I decided to donate this quilt. Lu Ann selected the pattern. Programmed, prepped, loaded. Will baste in the morning and quilt.
Sep 11: Quilting. This is an exciting day for me. I have long had a vision for this quilt since I first saw the charm packs in the quilt shop. Had to get them. Had to. When I settled on how to use them & got the pink flannel, I couldn't wait for the time to piece it. When I knew who would snuggle up in this quilt, well what can I say. Everything is right. Think of the white Magnifico thread as a kiss of hope. I do. Quilted. Joan has offered to do the binding. Thank you, Joan! Will ship tomorrow along with Celestial Dreams for this cause.
Feb 11: Kit Newland is back with her "Tropical Sunshine" quilt for her daughter's birthday later this month. I will attach her binding for her and quilt a separate pillow cover. I decided to retrieve this from the post office rather than risk too much snow Friday for regular Saturday delivery.
Feb 12: Prepped & loaded the pillow including adding leaders to make the backing large enough for longarming.
Feb 13: Pillow cover is quilted. Quilt is prepped & loaded.
Feb 14: Quilted. Made & now attaching binding.
Feb 03: Shipped on Jan 27th, expected Jan 30th, this quilt finally arrived at the local post office today. I decided to retrieve it myself in spite of serious flooding in the area. Temporarily posted pics, EQ7 rendition & overlays.
Feb 04: Doing 13.5" rows using Bottom Line Statue thread & Warm & White batting.
Feb 06: Prepped & loaded.
Feb 07: Quilting. Row 1 posted waiting for feedback. Change of plans.
Feb 08: Working out a new stitch-in-the-ditch plan. Bottom Line Red on borders, Statue on the blocks. Quilted first row.
Feb 09: Continuing with rolling the quilt row by row, trimming loose threads, double checking for strays using flashlight, basting sides, block by block marking where on the quilt I want to stitch, stitching. The results are more than worth the effort. Finished row 4.
Feb 10: My laser was giving me fits. I finally loosened all screws & started from scratch trying to get a better angle. Not sure it helped but I was finally able to do a couple of rows.
Feb 11: Row 7 thru bottom border done. Unloaded, turned & reloading to do side borders.
Feb 12: Side borders & thus the quilting is done.
Feb 14: Made the binding.
Feb 16: Squared the quilt for binding.
Feb 17: Attaching binding. Doing the hand work.
Feb 19: Binding & thus the quilt is finished.