May 25: Quilt is here.
May 26: Paula made all her decisions...
May 28: ...and changed them.
Had to order Gold bobbins. Going with Wedding Vine panto.
May 31: Bobbins are here but not the size I ordered. Superior Threads has shipped the right order.
Jun 02: Bobbins are here.
Jun 13-14: Programmed IQ. Prepped ready to load.
Jun 15: Loaded ready to quilt.
Jun 16: Quilting.
Jun 17: Quilted.
Jun 18: Final pictures.
May 01: I suddenly had no water. Time to call David Braswell who dug & has serviced my well since 2003. After the work was done, I started talking to David about a quilt for him. He was more interested in me making quilts for his daughters, Caroline & Alison.
May 23: Caroline & I have been working hard on fabrics & quilt designs with a nautical theme. Yesterday things started to come together & today we finalized the design. I ordered fabric. Waiting to hear from Alison, the 2nd daughter. There is enough Sea Cottage fabric for a second quilt. Would need sashing, border & backing fabrics.
May 24: Fabric is on the way.
May 26: Fabric is here except one small piece. It is wonderful with a very soft feel.
May 27: Worked out a map for the small squares. Need to help Caroline select a longarming pattern.
May 28: Piecing. Cut the border, backing & strips except for the one not here yet. Still need to cut the sashing.
May 30: Strip sets are together except for the Creme Damask not here yet. The last fabric came in. All 7 strip sets are done & cut in block size sections.
May 31: Got the small blocks done. Will use them to connect the large blocks...tomorrow.
Jun 02: The columns are done.Only the sashing & border remain.
Jun 03: Quilt top is finished. Backing is next.
Jun 04: Caroline is working on choosing her pattern.
Jun 05: The backing is ready to load. Caroline wants the Seashells at 13" rows.
Jun 06: Using Magnifico 2170 Old Lace on the top & in the bobbins. Loaded. Quilting. Forgot to reconnect the power cord after programming so IQ died without a whisper after the first row. She'll be good to go in the morning.
Jun 07: Quilted. Ready to bind.
Jun 08: Squaring the quilt.
Jun 13: Attached the binding. Clipping for hand work.
Jun 20: Binding is done & thus the quilt is done.
Jun 21: Met David at the Linville Post Office to show him the quilt. Together we shipped it to Caroline in Florida.
May 11: I spotted Marsha's quilt on Facebook. A short chat later, Marsha agreed to let me longarm it. She likes my Whispy Feathers plan so I get to see it quilted here long before I piece mine.
May 15: The quilt is here. Pictures do not capture how beautiful it is. Will be using Quilters Dream batting & white Bottom Line thread. Prepped the back including cutting it down to max size 96".
May 16: Had to tweak a few places.
May 17: Prepped the top. Back & batting are loaded.
May 18: Fussy programmed until I got the look we want. Uh oh. This will take more than 7 hours of quilting time & over 6 bobbins even the density is in the medium range. Everything is loaded ready to quilt. I'll start fresh in the morning.
May 19: I woke up thinking I need to start in the middle of the quilt to get the pattern placement over the side 9-patch areas where we want them. As with all quilts, the real dimensions are never exactly the same as a drawing, e.g. our mutually measured width of quilt was 90" but 91.5 once loaded. Quilting.
May 20: Still quilting. Got the top half done. Shifted to the bottom & completed one more row. Each row takes 50 minutes to quilt. Setup for the next row is taking as long because I am making certain the pattern aligns all the way across the quilt.
May 21: Quilted.
When I priced potholders (OUCH!) recently, I decided to make my own. The fabric I am using is the first I ever bought back in 2008 from the Marie Osmond line. It is a perfect match to my kitchen rug--mauve & teal..
May 05: Crosshatched mine. Very substantial with 2 layers of Warm & Plush 100% cotton batting and crosshatching. Should probably use cotton thread but I am sticking with Bottomline Gold with Tan bobbins. Using a coordinating cream fabric--2 actually as happens with remnants--for the binding.
May 06: Making a second set for my friend, Van. Her kitchen is black & white. Went to see her with a stash of fabric so she could select what she likes. Using black thread & solid black binding.
May 07: Crosshatched Van's. Made a small test potholder. Binding & loops for hanging are ready to sew. Will machine bind everything.
May 08: Only got one finished. Finding too many other interesting things to distract me.
May 10: Finished my set. Attaching the binding to the black set.
May 14: Finished the black set.