For lack of a better name ... and/or until Nina give me a better name, this shall be dubbed Peachy because Nina wants me to use peach thread.
Nina came to my rescue! "The quilt I sent you is made from Heather Ross' Mendocino line. The pattern was called Garden Blocks but I've just been calling it the Heather Ross quilt lol."
Feb 28: Selected Bubblicious IQ pattern
Mar 14: Quilt top & backing arrived.
Apr 17: Final thread decision & IQ Pan.
Apr 23: Cleaned machine, changed thread and adjusted tension, cut batting, pressed backing and top, trimmed threads as needed. Now ready to load and quilt in the morning.
Apr 24: Now that I know which way is up (had to ask), I am ready to start pinning/loading. First I took the time to read the Wikipedia article about octopus. Fascinating with lots of pics and videos. Loaded and basted ...be right back ... I was back but with aggravations with my machine giving me obstruction errors. Spent hours trouble shooting.
Apr 25: Quilting. This pattern does lots of over stitching to get from one bubble to the next so it will take a long time to quilt this one. I started early so I am finished & the quilt is shipped.
The fabric is Kate Spain's 12 days of Christmas and the backing is ice skating elves.
Perhaps Nina will share her blog with everyone. Ah yes to her quilts!
Oct 12: First Contact
Oct 13: Photo from Nina's blog posted above
Nov 03: Quilt arrived. I'll take better photos later.
Nov 04: Bed photos.
Nov 12: Loaded, basted, programmed--i.e. ready to quilt. Nina wants loose density so the quilt will be nice and soft. The IQ pattern was created last year by my sister, Sandy Daugherty.
Nov 13: Quilting. And Quilted. NOW THIS is how all quilts ought to longarm. Totally trouble free! Well, except for one tiny red thread I decided to un-bury from under the top. Posting a lot of pictures because they came out so kool I thought & I couldn't pick between them. What the heck, I'll go totally crazy and show you the editing options I choose from on each picture.
Photos by Nina, a professional photographer, are shown below. Oops, not all hers. (I hope I have it right now.)
The quilt top pattern is Jelly Filled by Camille Rosekelley. The fabric is Sweet by Urban Chiks for Moda.
Nina wants a meander everywhere except the red border. She wants SID around that. We changed the plan to 1/4 top stitching along the edges.
Oct 29: Nina sent the above photos.
Nov 03: Quilt Arrived. I'll take better photos later.
Nov 04: Posted bed photo.
Nov 21: EQ7 & IQ overlays.
Nov 23: Final touches on the IQ pattern
Nov 24: Loaded and ready to baste.
Nov 25: Basting...basted...quilting...
Nov 26: Still quilting. At end of day, I am almost finished. Just need to finish the top stitching on the red border. It seemed to be the best plan to finish it all at once after the rest of the quilting was complete. Shifting the side edges back and forth took way more time than I thought but it did the trick nicely, I think. At the bottom, I had to invoke more complicated skills/tricks making the panto fit precisely outside and inside the inner border. I will do something similar to get the top stitching to fit precisely inside the red border.
Nov 28: Finished the top stitching & thus the quilt. Will try for some morning pictures tomorrow.
Nov 29: Final pictures.