Dec 30: I used EQ7 to add a few borders this very colorful panel.
Jan 01: Rudy is helping with color selections.
Jan 02: We've decided to use Kona Cotton Royal & Malibu (as used in the star quilts). The red is Kona Cotton Cardinal I have on hand. The tan flannel is a remnant from Joan's Lodge Quilt. Blue fabrics are ordered.
Jan 03: Cut tan & red strips, sewed red border to panel, pieced the backing, made the binding.
Jan 07: Thread: Bottom Line Silver. Batting: wool.
Made a schedule. HA HA HA! No way, Jose! I mean, Rudy.
Jan 08: Pre-washing & pressing fabrics. Rudy & I changed the plan...again.
Jan 11: Cut borders.
Jan 17: Rudy cancelled this project. Batting & panto are flexible choices.
Jan 18: Dorothy took over ownership of this project. Ordered new backing.
Jan 24: The new backing is here. Will use Animal Crackers panto. Since the wool batting is already cut, we will use it. Still need to pick a thread.
Feb 05: Pieced most of the top. Still need to do top & bottom blue borders & piece the backing.
Feb 07: Finished piecing the top & the backing. Backing needed a leader on one end. Made two bindings I will send to Dorothy--red & curry.
Mar 17: Quilted.
Leave a Reply.