Robin had several samples of her art work printed on fabric to see how it would do. Since we have them, I figure we may as well use them! At my daughter's suggestion, I am thinking of making them into a bell pull. Feedback welcome!
Robin has decided on using four of them. Her images on RedBubble
Yaffle - The Green Woodpecker
are far more dynamic than the fabric samples. Perhaps she needs to paint directly on the fabric. I have also heard that inkjet printing has better results.
When Robin and I started talking about quilts using her art, she offered to give or paint me whatever I chose. It turned out to be "Shanti Niketan"--her vision of me being the true spirit of my cabin. Before Framing. The letters are hammered wrought iron slightly nailed into the wood and stand out 2 inches. A local framer helped me select this one with a hammered look too. So far, I think I have come out the winner in the exchange!! BUT stay tuned! I received a call from "Kul" recently wanting to send me a sample of fabric that is perfect for dyeing or painting. I have the sample but since I am not an artist in that sense of the word, I put him in touch with RB and Robin in particular. I suspect great things are yet to happen with the vibrancy of Robin's beautiful creations.
June 18: Quilt top finished
June 19: Proposed two IQ designs & Robin has made all her selections. When the longarm is ready for use again, this will be the next one quilted.
June 21: My machine is ready & I have loaded quilt. Will longarm in the morning when not so tired!!
June 24: Finally got this little quilt longarmed but it beat me to no end. So simple yet proved to be so hard to get and keep the design aligned on the fabric. Squared and ready for binding.
June 30: Finished! Sorry that final photos are so poor.