Jan 22: First contact when Branna spotted Carrie Byrd's quilt.
Jan 23: Talked on the phone & sent links to Superman theme fabrics. She loves the fabric featured above so I quickly composed a Just Can't Cut quilt in EQ7.
Jan 25: Sold! That was easy! Doing a quote .... to see if we can do business. Fabrics I like for this quilt & a few layouts are listed.
Jan 26: My fabric choices and quote have been accepted. Have until July to get everything done. Fabric is ordered. Hope they look as good in person as in my EQ7 rendition.
Feb 02: Fabrics are here. May not use the stars...not happy with the match.
Feb 13:Washed & pressed all the fabrics.
Feb 14: Cut everything for making the top. Pinned the strips that will become the pieced blocks.
Feb 16: Strip sets sewn, cut and made into blocks.
Feb 17: Have my layout I want so ready to assemble the top center.
Feb 18: Quilt top is finished.
Mar 03: Programmed IQ ... smaller/denser this time. Will use white thread.
Mar 04: Piecing the backing. Need to insert a strip of black in the center to get the length I need. Also need temporary leaders on top and bottom so I'm using the star fabric I bought and didn't want to use in the quilt. It is poor quality but perfect for leaders. (Leaders are the 3" I need to load the backing beyond what I need in the quilt.)
Mar 05: Backing is ready. Loading. Hmmm, did I ask about batting? Need to before I cut & go on.
Mar 06: Loaded. Testing thread. I started quilting using Bottom Line Silver. It was so hard to see, that we changed to Magnifico 2167 Cloud Cover with Bottom Line Silver bobbins.
Mar 07: I have enough fabric left to quilt some pillow covers. Breanna will finish and stuff them.
Mar 08: I had a nagging thought to check the back of my stitching sample. Good thing I did. The backing we chose will not hold up to quilting. Show stopper for now. Pieced the pillow covers. Ordered the new backing. Quilting the pillow covers.
Mar 09: Finished the covers.
Mar 10: Shipped the covers to Derek while Breanna is out of town
Mar 13: New backing is here. Needs piecing.
Mar 20: Pieced the backing. All set to prep & load.
Apr 28: Quilting.
Apr 29: Yesterday, with two rows to go, I noticed a couple of small yellowish stains on each side of the quilt. Took the time to deal with them as best I could.
Apr 30: Showed Breanna the problem areas. She optioned for me to proceed without replacing the fabric. Quilted.
May 22: Squared the quilt & made the binding.
May 25: Attached the binding on the front.
May 28: The binding, and thus the quilt, is finished.