This is Cathy's second quilt to grace the cabin. She already knows she wants musical symbols quilted on it...but which ones? I have the first one but saw the 2nd one on Donna Kleinke's site recently. Hmmm.
Aug 11: Quilt arrived. I immediately spotted some fading on the backing at the fold line. Left it up to Cathy whether to live with it or seam the fold out.
Sept 05: The backing was a bit narrow. Since there is plenty of length, I decided to cut from the bottom and make a strip for the side. Before I attach that, I will cut along the faded fold lines (2 of them) and then re-seam them. We decided a seam would look better than the fade line. This is a large quilt that maxes out my 10' table. The backing is now ready to load...almost.
Sept 09: Since the 5th, I have been dealing with one issue after another with the quilt back and top. Nothing major. Just has to be dealt with & lots of communication with Cathy. For once, I will spare all of us the details. Still plugging away with both & hope to finally load tomorrow. I will say this is a large quilt & once again maxes out my system. I did get the IQ programming done so that is ready to go. Will be using white thread top & back.
Sept 10: Loading the back. Trimmed and loaded the batting. The top is ready to load. Very clever that the keyboard is always right side up on the quilt top. Whew! Glad I noticed that before I quilted it upside down.
Sept 11: Got the top loaded and everything basted ready to quilt.
Sept 12: Quilting at last. Got 7 of 12 20-minutes rows done. Will finish tomorrow.
Sept 13: Finished after another long day. I think 9 days on one quilt is a new record.
Leave a Reply.