Mar 26: Fabric arrived today. Already had the panto design worked out. Didn't know until I read a note in the package that there is no backing . Also didn't know Diane wants monopoly thread front & back. Hmmm. I was not expecting any piecing in what I received but there are two seams that are horribly drawn up--not something I can work with. Things are not looking promising at the moment. Diane is unavailable for a a couple of weeks.
Apr 09: Diane is back. She has ordered some backing. We have a tentative thread selection. She is sending me a sample of the fabric. Perhaps the answer is to stabilize it before seaming or quilting it. I will redo the seams (I hope) and test the thread(s). Hoping for the best.
Apr 13: Working with a fabric sample. I was able to make a nice seam & quilt a couple of rows. I did not care for how it looked so I sent that sample to Diane for a close-up look.
Apr 23: Got word that Diane wants me to quilt this like my sample & so I will. She has re-ordered the backing from Fabric.com (who graciously allowed her to return the first order earlier when things didn't look promising.)
Apr 29: The backing fabric is here. I removed two lines of stitching with very thick thread & some stitching with nylon/poly thread. Re-seamed & pressed. Ready to load.
Apr 30: Finished prep ... well, not the bobbins.
May 01: Since I have enough King Tut #951 Brooklet to wind matching bobbins, I have done so. Loaded ready to baste. To say this is not square is an under statement.
May 02: Finally made myself start quilting this. Problems with thread breaks & bobbins & skipped stitches plagued me until I slowed down the machine. I always run it slow but very slow seams to work this project. Quilted -- not perfect but the best I could do. Pressing helped close the holes. Will ship Monday.
May 30: Diane sent photos of her finished project. Posted one above.
Leave a Reply.