Nov 11: First learned this quilt will be on the way soon.
Nov 13: Had pattern selected and IQ programmed. Thread will match the sashing.
Nov 20: The quilt top arrived. Created an overlay. All ready to quilt when the time comes.
Dec 10: When remeasuring for batting, I found some extra seam prep work.
Dec 14: Had to stop & do some routine maintenance--clean the bobbin assembly. Cut batting. Changed thread & bound bobbins. Got the back & top prepped. Started loading the backing when I discovered it is 3" off being square. After I square it, I will need to add 3" of something on each side so I can load it. So much for the ease of using extra wide backing.
Dec 18: Devised a plan for the backing & started implementing. Squared the backing. (Don't let anyone tell you squaring a quilt backing is trivial. It is exasperating and time consuming even with a wonderful large work table.) After squaring, trimmed enough from the length to widen the sides. Ready to sew but will finish in the morning when not so tired.
Dec 19: The backing is ready. Loaded. Quilting. Quilted.
Dec 20: Shipped.
Leave a Reply.