Nov 20: Patricia came by with her quilt. She surprised me asking for custom but I agreed to do it. In just a few minutes, we selected thread & a complex custom pattern layout with 2 borders. I spent the rest of the day drawing up our ideas in IQ. Offering a couple of ideas for how to do the outer border.
Nov 22: Drew the 2nd of the border ideas in IQ. Ideally, in theory, the density of all the patterns should be similar. That won't be the case here. How close we choose to come is Patricia's call.
Nov 29: Prepping & still toying with the design. First, I modified the Bird Bath panto to have only one bird and a smooth continuous panto. I finally noticed this quilt has corner blocks so I made a couple of blocks for these. One is just a single bird taken from the Bird Bath panto, the 2nd is the spiral taken from the center of the flower & the 3rd is a bird inside the spiral. Prepped including two sets of bobbins.
Nov 30: Loaded. Quilting. It has taken me much too long to do the top borders. I am finally move down to the stars.
Dec 02: (Was out of town 12/01) Finished the center and bottom borders. Went back up and took out the top border & corners--the tension was just a bit too loose. Now that the bottom borders are done, I don't have to change thread color or brand again so tension is all set. Once those are done, I still need to turn the quilt and reload to do the side borders. One side border is very friendly (wavy/too much fabric for the space) so I have to figure how to deal with that too. And I'm tired. Better for all if I finish in the morning.
Dec 03: Re-did the top borders. Unloaded. Side borders & thus the quilt is done.