Oct 10: Plugging away. My goof is fixed and now history. Had to make a couple of changes on the order of the strips & now ready to sew them. Finished the day starting round 9.
Oct 11: Finished through round 14.
Oct 12: Added last four rounds. The quilt top center is ready for borders. Squaring this top before adding borders is going to be a bit tricky to put it mildly. I roughly squared it several rounds ago but I left well over an inch for later more careful squaring. Started working on that this evening but I am out of steam now. In addition to this quilt, I have had several projects going requiring paid help. That of course frees me to keep sewing but it also means lots of interruptions. Once I get this top done, it will be time to design the IQ layout.
Oct 13: Squaring before adding borders. Thanks for the tips, Joan! Got the two inner borders on. One to go.
Oct 14: Nine days from start to finish--way more than I expected. Next I need to program IQ. Sadly a friend left me high and dry on an outdoors project that I must now attempt to do alone before any rains come again. Oh dear!
Oct 15: My first complete draft of the IQ Overlay is done. I'll see if I still like it in the morning. I am wide open to suggestions on this.
Oct 16: I have been testing various thread colors and weights today. I have decided to order So Fine! black for all the stitching, front and back, except the outer border. I have some So Fine! thread in house that I think tops that off nicely. Thus, this project will not be quilted until early November.
Sept 28: A friend volunteered to do the binding. Oh yes! (Dec: Decided to do my own.)
Oct 05: Piecing begins. Trimmed the bandana so the Psalm is centered.
Oct 06: Cutting & sewing strips one at a time. Made it through round 4. The outer border is beginning to get wavy so I may have to redo some it ... tomorrow.
Oct 07: A new day. Yep, redoing that 4th border to flatten it out. Can't bear to think how bad things would get by the outer round if I don't. This will take a lot longer than I thought. Such is piecing but I want to keep my longarmer happy! LOL
From this point forward I am going to do several strips at once hoping for less waving. Well, that only worked kinda well because I reached the side borders and goofed up the top and bottom of that last round (6). I didn't have quite enough fabric and then goofed up what I had when I tried to make it work. So back to the store Tuesday (closed Monday) hoping they have more. Another idea brewing too. So I didn't get nearly as far as I hoped but I can still cut strips if I dare. This thing is tricky or else I just am not being very clever.
Oct 08: Got all the strips cut. My goof led me to modify my plan a bit.
Oct 09: Bought the rest of the fabric I need for the revised plan. Keep thinking about what IQ patterns to use. Found some that may work in the file below.