Dec 25: 2011: A Christmas gift from my daughter, this quilt features 12 Stonehenge fat quarters, a Stonehenge beige background and a peach blender fabric. May 26, 2012: Studying the pattern, doing EQ7 rendition. Changed the quilt top design by adding a row of blocks to the bottom to balance the symmetry. Cut the fat quarters and background into 5" squares for 1/2 square triangles and four patches. May 27: Marking and then sewing 1/2 square triangles & 4 patches. May 28: The basic blocks are ready to combine into larger blocks. Deciding how to arrange the colors is not going to be easy. May 29: While doing the layout of the blocks I discovered that I didn’t have enough 4-patches. That is because the center blocks are supposed to all be the same and their own color. So I just made 24 more blocks with the inner border fabric. Hope it works. Truth be told, I don't see that it makes much difference. Got one block done so now I know I will have to trim each triangle block down a tad. I'm done for the day as soon as I clear my bed for the night. May 30: Only finished the 4 blocks for row 1. The rest of my time was spent trimming. I also toyed with how to finish that wide 7" border without doing applique. Lastly, I took time to work on Dorothy's angel quilt project she will be sending soon. May 31: I managed to finished trimming all the blocks & have stored them away as May is over. June 05: Finished the 4 blocks for row 2 while waiting on thread. Dec 17, 2015. I remember working of this some in the years since now. Was looking for it earlier this week to work on it some more. Couldn't find it. My search stretched into going through every project box under my work table. I have the backing & remnants in one of those boxes but no block work. I have searched every nook & cranny in the longarm room, going through every box stored there (trashing everything I did not need). I looked through the closet repeatedly but today I will take it apart thoroughly. While this is not my favorite quilt but now I am dead set determined to finish it. To St. Anthony, patron saint of lost things: "Tony, Tony, look around. Something's lost & must be found." Hey, it has always worked in the past. HA! Just found it in the bottom of a large storage box topped off with packing air pouches. Thank you, St. Anthony. Turns out, I have pieced 14 of the 24 blocks (6 rows of 4). Now I have to put the closet back in order. Jan 06: 2016: Continuing the piecing. Got all the rows in the blocks done. Redesigned the layout again as shown below. Jan 09: Determined to get the blocks done. Jun 23: Earlier this week, I got the blocks done & planned a final arrangement. Today I got the 6 rows together. I noticed for the first time this morning that I altered the pattern when doing my EQ7 rendition. Funny I didn't even see it until now. Oh well--as they say, there are no rules when quilting. Jun 28: Connected pairs of rows 3-4 and 5-6. Jun 29: Finished quilt top center. Jun 30: Added 3 borders thus finishing the quilt top. Pieced the backing. Dec 22: I know a lady, Joyce, whose favorite color is yellow. This quilt came to mind with a yellow flannel backing. Can't wait to see if she likes it. Ordered the flannel. Dec 28: Flannel is here. Jan 16, 2017: Went to see Joyce to show her Scrap Basket Trellis & several other quilts. Scrap Basket it is with the yellow flannel backing I selected just for her & Joyful Teardrops. We are all set. All I need is time. Jan 20: Pre-washing the flannel backing. Less than 44" width plus shrinkage from washing--don't have enough. Ordered 2 more yards. Jan 26: Fabric is here & prewashed. Jan 27: Backing is pieced. Ready to quilt. Mar 27: Prepping and loading. Noticed 3 mistakes. Removed the errors. Mar 28: Put the pieces back in the quilt turned the correct way. Finished loading. Mar 29: Programmed. Quilting. Mar 30: Quilted. Attached the binding. Mar31: Hand work. Apr 01: Binding is finished. Hand delivered. Turns out, I think this is my all time favorite quilt.