Another Joan creation that is just too adorable for words, Joan tells me the girls just love Dora & I can see why. Personally, I love that little monkey with pink shoes!!
July 26: Loaded, programmed & ready to baste. When I changed the thread, the top tension was much too tight. An hour or more later, it was just right but I was to exhausted to baste.
July 27: Basted and start quilting but kept hearing the bobbin rattling. When I attempted to clean the area, the whole bobbin assembly jammed. APQS has already shipped a replacement but meanwhile Dora will have to wait.
July 28: Got the bobbin assembly unjammed and it seems to be fine. Now I just have to get everything back together just so. Got some done but hopefully tomorrow...
July 29: Worked out the timing issues & finally making progress on Dora! 1 section anyway.
August 01: Finished 2nd section now! Or so I thought. Alas Dora dies here!
I was hearing a popping noise I did not like but since the stitches looked good, I pushed on. Near the end of this section, I noticed some pulls in the top fabric. I changed to a smaller needle but much too late. The popping stopped though! The smaller needle sewed perfectly & the quilt finished out nicely.
I had been using size needle recommended to me by an APQS expert, When I rolled the quilt the backing was badly bearded and the fabric had many pulls in it. I am taking out those rows any way and sending the quilt out to Joan anyway so she can practice machine binding is she ever wants to do that, Some little girl can still enjoy this cute quilt even though it is not up to Joan's nor my standards.
August 02: I have repaired this quilt as best I can. It certainly looks a lot better than yesterday but the pulls in the fabric ruin it. Still it will made some little girl a nice quilt.
Leave a Reply.