Sep 22, 2019: What a Day!!! For 2 months now, I've know that Evie loves purple and unicorns. I learned today that is not all. She also likes Narwhals (had to look that up) and dolphins. I showed her all the purples and pinks I had. One she definitely DID NOT like. One fabric, when she saw it, lit her up like a Christmas tree--the purple dogwood batik I bought for the coverlet quilts. Sumira will help her select exactly what she wants. She said, with no prompting at all ... put a unicorn in the middle with this around it (border). Doubt that will work but perhaps as the backing for when/if she outgrows unicorns. She also told me she wants all of her favorites in the quilt (panels in memory quilt type layout). Hmmm. WIll be fun to see what this narrows down to...what she chooses. I'll be making renditions of all of these to show her & see what shakes out. Sep 25: Received her selection. Sep 26: Ordered the kit. Backing is my selection. Oct 02: The fabrics are all here. Dec 03: I have decided to try to make this & Blakley's quilts by Christmas. Dec 05: Pre-washed fabrics along with Blakley's. Dec 15: Ready to start. Got familiar with the instructions & fabrics...what goes where. Separated the panels. Dec 16: Decided to Best Press the panel fabrics before cutting (9.5"x11"). Helped a lot. 16 panels are ready to sew. Dec 17: The backing is ready. I fused the Pellon SF101 100% cotton interfacing to the rayon. It did nicely. No longer too slinky to quilt. Dec 18: Adding frames to panels. Dec 19: All panels are framed. Cut the rest of the fabric into squares, triangles & rectangles that will compose the sashing. Dec 25: Still working with 68 sets of small triangles working them into squares. Dec 31: No more triangles. Now squares. Jan 02-03: Piecing the rows. Jan 04: Combined the rows & sashing. Center is done. Made the complex borders. Will attach tomorrow. Jan 05: Borders are on. Quilt top is finished.